Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Race signup-itis breakout

So now that school is over, apparently I have nothing better to do with my time than to sign up for races. My plan for the summer is to focus on 5Ks and doing speedwork in order to get some of my speed back. I'm also tracking calories with MFP and trying to watch what I eat so I can either lose 10lbs or at least slim down some. I'm probably going to incorporate some stairs and some swimming too. My first 5K is this Sunday, in Stillwater. Here is my summer race schedule:

June 7: Scorcher 5K
June 21: Father's Day 5K
June 26: Hot 5K
June 27: Conquer the Gauntlet obstacle run
July 12: Du Draper Duathlon
July 25: Duncan Dehydrator
Aug 7: Hottest 5K
Aug 22: Tour de Trykes
Aug 29: Hotter'n Hell Hundred

I am going to weigh myself and maybe measure myself before each 5K, obviously record the time, and then compare them. I hope to see faster times and lower weight as the summer goes on.

My fall schedule is already filling up too:
Oct 4: SoS half
Oct 18: Fall Classic Duathlon (may have a school conflict with this one)
Nov 22: Rt66 Full Marathon (couldn't resist the jacket that they're offering instead of a shirt, and I'm  still a little mad that I couldn't do the full Memorial this year)

I'm only able to do Rt66 because I don't have class on Wednesdays in the fall. I can put my long mid-week run on that day, and work on homework afterwards. Next spring, I will be in practicum in school, so I doubt that I will be able to do the Memorial. The half is a possibility, I guess. That being said, I have been making plans with 2 friends to do the 2017 Redman full distance triathlon. I'm going to start swimming lessons this summer, and hopefully keep up swimming through the winter (either at the Y or at OUHSC's pool). Maybe I could do a couple of short triathlons next spring. If (big if) that goes well, I may try the 2016 half redman. But I'm not going to commit to that just yet either. The goal is 2017. I'm not taking the 2017 half off of the table either. A lot can happen between now and then, and I can't even swim-just doggie paddle. But I'm putting it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment