Friday, February 3, 2012

Great run

Last night after work I ran again. It was one of my better runs! I can really feel a difference in my fitness level, even after only 2 weeks. My hip never hurt this time, although I did feel some twinges in my left shin that I really hope are not the beginning of shin splints. I ran across some exercises to prevent them the other day, but I'm going to need to google it again to figure out where I found them.

2.2.12 (Thursday):
Distance: 3 miles w/out warm up/cool down; 3.19 miles with cool down. My warm up was walking to the car to get my headphones and then over to the gym. My ave speed was 3.7, my pace was 17:23. I allegedly burned 323 calories (how accurate are those things, anyway?). I ran at 5.5 seven times (approximately every 5 mins) for a minute each time. I walked at 3.6. I actually had to finish last Sunday's episode of Once Upon A Time in my kitchen!
Time: 44:30/51:02 with cool down.

DH and I are going either tonight or tomorrow to get fitted for running shoes. I'm pretty excited. I also found the Fab Ab February ab plan thingy on Pinterest, and I started that last night. Holding a plank for 20 seconds is hard! Anyway, here is the plan. The image is blurry, which makes my OCD twitchy, but I can't fix it unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment