Wednesday, February 22, 2012

5 freaking AM.

So with the 2 jobs, I won't have time to run this afternoon. I get off #1 at 3 and have to be at #2 by 4. So I got up at 5am this morning to go run. It was about 5:30 before I got there, but I still did it! I was super awake and cheery for a while, but now I'm starting to crash a bit. It's probably because I'm sitting at my desk. Anyway, it was pretty much identical to Monday's run, except for the ungodly hour.

2.22.12 (Wednesday):
Distance: 3 miles in 44:37. W/CD, 3.23 miles in 49:03. Walked at 3.6, ran every 4.5 mins for 1.5 min each at 5.5. Ave speed=3.9mph, ave pace=16.15.
Time: 44:37/49:03
Notes: FIVE A to the M. Watched Sister Wives season 1, ep 4 & 5 via netflix.

I get paid next Wednesday, and I am going to register for the Redbud Classic 10K that day. The race is April 15. It starts at 1pm, which I think is a bit weird, and I'm sort of disappointed that I can't find any info about getting a tshirt with registration. I want a tshirt from my first race. I'm definitely going to get a pic (I'm assuming they must sell them or something) so I can frame it with my medal. I'm not entirely sure what a realistic goal is for me for that race. I'd love to actually run the whole thing, but I'm fairly certain that that is out of the realm of possibility. I think I can run/walk most of it, but I've been told that because I run on a treadmill there's no way to predict how I'll run. I'm not sure if I should set a time goal  or just a goal to run as much of it as possible.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I'm sure you'll do well in the race. You still have a couple more months for training. Hopefully you'll find out about the shirt closer to the race :)

    ReplyDelete