Monday, April 15, 2013

Less than 2 weeks left!

The OKC Memorial Marathon is 2 weeks from yesterday. I'm pretty excited, and a little bit nervous. I'm pretty confident that I can do it, but I'm not sure if that's confidence or if I'm simply naive. I don't think it'll be easy, but if I can control my pace, then I'll be just fine. My bff and I have decided to run the race separately. She will do the early start, and I will do the regular start. We'll run a few miles together when I catch up to her, and then I'll wait for her at the finish line. So plans have changed just a bit, but if I can just be mindful of my pace, I'll be ok.

I have always had a problem with my face turning red easily. It happens fairly frequently when I work out, especially if we get my heart rate up for a long period of time. A couple of months ago, I puked after a workout. We actually had to stop it. My trainer said that it was obvious that there was a problem when my face went from my normal beet red to white. My head was pounding and I couldn't hear because my ears were throbbing. And then I puked. Fun times. Last week I did kickboxing before weights, and my face reached an epic shade of red. I actually matched my hot pink under armour tank.
It took a few hours to fade lol. I don't know if this is always going to happen, or if it means that I need to work on my cardio more? All I know is that I am required to wear my HRM at all times when working out with my trainer. I'm ok if my head pounds, but I need to stop and get my heart rate down if my ears throb.

My trainer's boot camp class is going to sign up for a mud factor run in June. I'm not in her boot camp class because of my work schedule, but I am super thrilled to be included! It's going to be so much fun. I can barely wait! We're going to work on getting ready for it after I've recovered from the marathon (hopefully the next day lol). Last week made a year since I started working out. Here is a pic of me last June at the kayak/5K, and then a pic of my arms after weights today.


I think I'm making some progress. I look forward to making a lot more.

Finally, today was the Boston Marathon. I excitedly watched the elite races this morning at my desk, and went on with my day. When I got back from lifting weights, the news was reporting bombs going off at the finish line. The details are still a bit confused, but my thoughts are with the runners, their families, the victims, and everyone involved. It's just horrible, and not a place you'd expect something like this to happen. I'm horrified. The OKC marathon folks have announced that there will be tighter security measures, and so far they haven't canceled the race or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment