Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 was a good year, running-wise

I meant to post this yesterday, but I forgot. Oh well. I'll keep this short and sweet.

In 2013, I:
  • Ran 1001.35 miles (compared to 423.06 in 2012)
  • Raced 11 times (vs 5 in 2012)
  • Set new PRs in every distance that I ran (5K, Half, Full, obstacle run)
  • Set a 53 min PR in my second marathon
  • bought 3 new pairs of running shoes
  • conquered shin splints
  • took a 5 week break after the 2nd marathon (hence the reason why I only ran 9 miles in December)
  • Ran 2 obstacle mud runs. I hated the first one (as did my bootcamp teammates), and loved the second one.
I have several things planned already for 2014. I'm going to run the Memorial Marathon again, but instead of repeating the RT66 marathon in Nov, I think I will run the HITS marathon on Oct 12 instead. It starts less than 3 mins away from my apartment, and the route actually passes it twice. I won't have to travel, and DH won't have to go far to cheer me on. My first race ever was a 10K in April 2012, and I haven't run another 10K since then. I want to lower the PR in that distance, so I'm planning to run the Remember the Ten 10K in Stillwater in April. I'm doing a Warrior Dash in May with my bootcamp friends, and I'm fairly sure that we'll do the Gravedigger again in September. I'm sure there will be a ton of 5Ks in the summer too.

Next thing to look forward to: my 2 year runniversary is Jan 20. Happy New Year!

1 comment: